a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Great Tuesday


Free pattern
http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/media/uploads/Free_Quilting_Projects/2013/Evening-Blooms.pdf

Fabric
http://goo.gl/eK9CmC


I talked about making pinwheels recently . Here is a pinwheel pattern from Riley Blake.  It does look simple don't you agree?

I think I will be short tonight. We had a lovely day today and I am tired.

This morning I got up at 7:00 an hour and a half before my usual time. Sharon picked me up at 9:30  and off we went to our Tuesday sewing day.  I didn't get a lot of sewing done but I did get in lots of talking which is so nice . I usually applique one full heart but today it was only half done at the end of the meeting. Then it was time for lunch. Ray made me a nice salad for lunch. It was perfect for a warm day and I really enjoyed it. Only one quilt picture today but it was very interesting. Joanne made it from a Jelly Roll. She did a great job of arranging the strips so they made the best picture. Lovely border fabrics too.

Joan was working on that wonderful quilt she made from paper pieced Australian animals by Margaret Rolf.  It is amazing . I showed it on here before.
Here it is again for your pleasure.
There was no one there who was going to Pumpkin Seeds so I came home with Sharon. Thanks you Sharon for helping me out today I do appreciate your kindness.

So I was home early and Ray was still out. I did some of the laundry and a bit of housework. Not much though LOL.

Ray and I went out for a walk along the river. The river was running high and fast but still within its banks thank goodness. It was exciting to watch. Because it was a nice day there were lots of people out walking along the river or sitting on the benches provided. We did not see anyone barbecuing , I guess that is reserved for the weekend. It would be fun to barbecue, we don't do it on our deck, too hot up there.

After our walk it was off to Tim's for a coffee and a doughnut. I had an iced coffee for a change.

This great motorcycle was outside Tim's and of course it being yellow I found it very attractive.

Then we came home after a full day. Ray had a bit of a nap and so did I.
We had spaghetti and Ray's sauce for dinner .MMM delicious!

 These are pictures of the river. The top one is right across the river and it meets up with the sky so it is all blue.
And this is the river with a person in the frame.  The pictures today are not too good for some reason. Except for this one which I took with the sun in my eyes and could not see what I was taking. It has been so dry here this summer , no rain this month and all the grass is dead or dying, the tress are losing leaves or needles and the plants are drooping. We need some rain. I love a good storm.

So this is how it feels to lose weight. Right Marg?  Marg has lost quite a lot of weight by doing the right stuff!!

No you deserve to be spoiled. Dogs do!

Now this is a gorgeous mug rug , Cherry Delight.
And this is the end folks. 
I am off to do something, don't know what LOL.

Have a great evening!
Good night.








No comments: