a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday blues

http://thisandthatpatterns.typepad.com/

Autumn early but then if you are going to quilt it needs to be early.  Some interesting pieces here but I have seen better apples than the technique used here. I . 
 prefer my apples round on the bottom , well almost round. It has to sit up. LOL.
There this one is perfect.

I really have so little to write about today, it was a very ordinary day. That sounds like a line of a song. LOL.   Always the same stuff that we do . 
We did go to Metrotown and had Chinese food for lunch. I really enjoy the chicken they make so I usually order that. We had the noodles and pork with a sweet red sauce. It was very good.

Then we walked won the mall, went into Sears but it has changed so much. I do not like the merchandise any more. Used to shop there a lot but now cannot find anything. The product is totally different. Too bad. There are other stores that offer what I want to buy. 
Next we walked  down to the place where the new Target is set to open. Not yet though. 
We also went Shoppers Drug Mart. It has recently been bought out by Weston's who seem to own everything these days. We only bought  some Tylenol so they won't get richer on us, haha.
Of course we had to go to Safeway to pick up the prescriptions we took in yesterday. 
I made a salad for myself for dinner with Feta cheese which I love, Ray only wanted a sandwich, but remember we had a decent lunch so were not too hungry.
Then we came home and settled down for the rest of the afternoon. 
Ray is down in the garage letting Rick park his truck. It is so busy around here with the trucks for the demolition and people who have been evacuated out of the garage because of the fire. Not all the folks who park in that garage were affected by the fire but still have to be out of the garage. Even people on our floor usually parked there and now cannot. So the street gets pretty full day and night.
Rick has returned after a dreadful day in the courts. This is so bad, he is so upset but there is nothing anyone can do about a judge's rulings. 
So now for the pictures.
But first there is no block of the day because I did not like it, another darned tree. 


Kiss, kiss, kiss. See even animals fall in love.

This gorgeous bag was made by my friend Helen. She makes and sells them to whomever wants one. This is one of them but there are many other lovely fabrics.

Oh my this is a cute kitty.
And this is a bow tie block.

You can find the pattern by putting it into the browser as Bow Tie quilt block instructions.

this is what a newly born bird looks like, featherless. I used to raise baby birds and and hand feed them to make them really good pets and not afraid of people. 

Can you believe this beautiful kitten , he looks like a small leopard. I want him!
This is a neat quilt with only one pattern a leaf, but it looks so beautiful and the colours are gorgeous.

This is the end of my song.....
Good night folks.
















1 comment:

Mary Hutson said...

That little kitten is either a bengal or an abysinnian :)

I love that leaf quilt too! Teal has been a favourite colour of mine, especially since our wedding :)

Can you put me in contact with your friend Helen? :) I'd love to see what fabrics she can make those bags out of! I'd love to get one done for my friend who just had a baby girl :D