a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

see the world

Another wonderful day here in Vancouver, sun, a slight breeze and no cloud. What could be better? It was a bit hot but we went out anyway, not too far in the heat but to the mall for lunch. I had a spring roll and peanut sauce. I love those rolls but this one fell apart. I have had some that my friend Karen used to get and they were perfect and held together throughout the whole eating process.

Ray and I went for a walk around the mall for some exercise but we did stop for a coffee at a small kiosk we had not visited before. The lady there brought our coffee tot he table , not the usual service. We'll go there again.
The day was just normal so not much to tell.

Isn't this pretty china.


Oh yes I forgot we went to Bowrings and bought four red mugs. We are into red these days as you may have noticed.
The clerk was a bit upset when I took the photo. She thought I was taking her face. I showed her  it was her hands and my primary objective was to take the mugs in their first setting. 
Yesterday I didn't add the quilt pictured I took so here they come.
This wonderful paper pieced quilt was made by Joan for her grandson.  I am sure you will recognize the work of the Australian designer Margaret Rolf. Joan did a wonderful job on this quilt.

This lovely quilt was made by Wendy.

Helen made these pinwheels by sewing a 1/4 inch around the outsides of 2 squares a background and a colour square  , I think they were right sides together and then cut them on the diagonal. Awful directions but you get the idea. I like the way this one works.
The dog greeter at the hairdresser's, she was very nice to all who entered until one woman came in and then the dog barked her head off. She did not like that customer.
This house is across from Betty's, I love these old trees and the way this one bisected the view of the house.

I laugh every time I see this one. LOL.

What a great idea for an ironing board cover, make your own.

Have a great evening folks.
Good night










No comments: