a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

balloon time for baby


http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/Newsletter/July2013Update.htm

What an adorable , yet easy baby quilt. 


Once again one of my favourite sites. I hope you enjoy it too. And I hope I haven't put it on the blog previously.

Interesting table runner.
by Anjeanette: Hexi window table runner!
http://byanjeanette.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/hexi-window-table-runner.html

Haha I can see the dust gathering in the holes.


BOM at Claudia E. Plett's Claudia's Quilt Shoppe -Alphabet 
http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/freebom.htm
Check out Claudia's site for blocks of the month. She has a lot of them. Enjoy the journey.

Another fabulous day here in Vancouver. The mornings are lovely, air is soft and smells like newly cut grass which was actually happening. I love the morning  when it is like this. 

I did not go to my sewing group today . Pat will be away for three weeks and due to the excitement around here and the evacuation I did not connect with Sharon to ask her for a ride. I'll call her soon. I hate asking for rides. With Pat and Kathy I don't have to ask, they are close friends and just come. Sharon is always graceful about taking me to sewing. So I am very fortunate.

Ray and I lazed around this morning and when we decided to go out to our car which was parked on the street as our garage door was not working automatically, still isn't for that matter, I went out the main floor door where I found the place was behind a blue fence. I was stunned enough to forget to take a picture. Tomorrow!
Luckily for me one of the many workers surrounding the complex came out a door at that moment and opened the fence for me. Otherwise I would have been stuck there for the day LOL.
We went to Safeway to pick up my eye drops that the eye doctor had prescribed for me. I have a condition that makes my eyes very dry so need the drops to lubricate them.

We did a bit of shopping not much just bread . The last bread we bought was on Saturday so it was pretty stale. We had a coffee at Starbucks before we came home. I had cake but it was terribly stale too. I didn't eat it all but that's a good thing LOL.
I made a Greek Salad  for dinner. It was good. This is a picture of a 
Greek salad but not mine. I forgot to take one.


Matthew called this afternoon and offered to help us with anything we needed. I was very happy about that. We do need him to change our water container when it gets empty. Ray's back is not good and lifting the water causes him pain. So thank you Matthew. 

Rick will be here tomorrow . We are planning to go out for lunch with Sam so Rick if you are reading this meet us at noon at The Swiss Chalet on Lougheed Highway just past Boundary Road.  It will be a family affair.  And a family bill too. LOL.

That's our day, no sewing for me. I miss that but I can do a bit of knitting tonight. It will feed my need haha.
Time for photos.
These shoes are just wonderful and were custom made for the user . I love them, they look very elfin. Are they from Ireland? I think not but they could be.
This is a very pretty set, pillow shams and a decorative spread. Great colours I believe.

You know I love sewing machines and pink. This lovely Singer is well suited to pink rather than the black it originally came in. People are so creative and this makes it so much more. Check out the background for another dose of pink. 
Cooling off Haha. This dog has it figured out. Dog on ice.
This quilt is very hard for me to look at, it is a very confusing to my eye. I can appreciate the fact that it must have been very hard  to make but I wonder why
.
I think this is the end of my nightly blog for tonight.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Good night.












No comments: