a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 14, 2016

surprise visit

Tonight the bell rang at the front of the building. We had visitors. And it was a lovely surprise. Dave, Darlene, and their lovely 16 year old daughter Sarah had come to visit. Sarah played her violin for us, I was thrilled. She plays about 5 other instruments just like our very talented granddaughter Chelsea . I had a lovely visit with Sarah talking about her music. For me it was delightful as I taught music when I was teaching elementary school. Darlene and I had a good conversation and Dave and Ray went over old times when they worked together at Albion Fisheries. It as a great visit and they said they would come again in the near future.

Earlier in the day we went out for a while to Tim Horton's and then to our local bakery for fresh bread. We had some coffee and I had a croissant. It was the first one I have ever had.  It was an interesting eating experience. Ray did not have one. 

When we came home for Tim Horton's we just relaxed for a bit. Then Ray put the laundry in the washing machine and I took it out and put it in the dryer.

We didn't have supper tonight but I did have a tasty ham sandwich. and Ray had one too but I don't know what kind of a sandwich he had. 

Have you noticed how the stations are showing very old shows . I guess it is cheaper than making new ones. Tonight we are watching Columbo. It was one of my favourites when it was originally shown and now I can watch it again. So far I have not seen any that I saw before. But my oh my Columbo looks so young in this show.

Have a lovely evening.







No comments: