a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 4, 2016

friends

I had an idea for a blog and now I can't remember what it was. All I know is that it was a good idea.  DRAT.

It continues to be gorgeous weather here, a bit cloudy this morning but brilliant this afternoon. How I love this city. Not only is it beautiful but it has many wonderful things to do. There are great beaches to go to in the summer. I recall doing just that when I was young.

Today I visited with a friend from my youth. She, Clairee, now lives in Sequim in Washington state but comes up every so often to see the friends of her youth. I am one of those friends and am always so happy to visit with her. We went to Mr. Ho's for lunch and then sat there for a long time talking about our lives. I love old friends. Clairee and I met on the sidewalk outside her home on Victoria Drive when we were 13 or I was 13. So we have been friends for 71 years, a long time. And our friendship is as fresh as it ever was. I consider myself a lucky woman to have such a wonderful friend.

Then I came home and spent the rest of the day with Ray. We did go to the Crossings for bread and to London Drugs for a thing for my camera. It is a little card that the pictures go on and then I download them. I had one of those in the camera I lost at guild . Someone must have found it and not asked if anyone had lost a camera. Too bad , I expected better of quilters but then they are all too human aren't they.  So I  needed a new card. Now I can take some pictures. 

No comments: