a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 1, 2016

sandwiches

small blog tonight..... I am writing about sandwiches for a while. Ray's sandwiches in particular. He makes the very best sandwiches. He uses ordinary ingredients and turns them into magical sandwiches. I don't know how he manages it. Tonight he made me a magical ham sandwich.

I just watched a wonderful retrospective on the building of our iconic Lion's Gate Bridge. It was built in the late 1930s and has guarded the entrance to Vancouver ever since. It is a beautiful, graceful bridge that all Vancouverites love and cherish. It connects the north shore to the city of Vancouver. Before the bridge you had to take a ferry to get from one side to the other. I love this city and always have.

Jim called tonight to say that the acreage family party was over and that everyone enjoyed themselves. It was a good start to the August 1st holiday. Of course if you are not working every day is a holiday. I would love to go next year. I must work on Ray as he is reluctant to go to the party. My idea is to visit Jim, then go to the acreage and down to Rick's and if we can go down to Adam's in Louisiana. What a great trip that will be.

Ray is feeling a bit better today He actually went out to Safeway for a couples of items , I went too just to get out of the house. And he is finally eating some bits if food.

 It was a gorgeous sunny day. The weather has been fabulous for quite a few weeks. I wonder when it will break, not too soon I hope. Although I do like the rain.

That is all for tonight have a lovely evening.

No comments: