a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 28, 2016

it's over

The end of an era. TOPS is shutting its doors tonight. I am sad to see this happen, I have been going there since the mid 1970s and have enjoyed many great meals there. Tonight Steve's daughter was there to say good bye. I have not seen her for several years but was happy to see her tonight. Steve left when we wanted to say good bye, he did not want us to see him cry. I felt like crying too. But one of the sons says after he takes a year off he plans to open another TOPS restaurant. He has been working there since he was a very young man so he knows the business.
I am sad to see them go but hope that they open another facility in the future.
I see TOPS was on TV tonight stating that it was  closing.  A sad day for East Vancouver. 
This is the event for the week.

Have a great evening folks.




No comments: