a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 21, 2016

past

Almost past bedtime and here I am late again.

Full day today. Talked to Jim in Edmonton for a while about one of his rentals which he is completing renovating. I get the impression it is a mess and requires a lot of work. It is a good thing he is able to do all the renovations that needed to be done. He is very talented that way. 

My memory is failing a bit. I can't recall if I talked to Adam today but Rick called and we had a good chat. I am 85 years old and my memory is generally pretty good but some things escape me occasionally. Still I am able to write this blog every night and that requires a decent memory.   

We stayed home all day and did very little other than laundry I read my book for a while but did not have a nap so I will be ready for bed tonight.

I asked Ray if we went out today and he said "I went out in the hall" He always makes me laugh. I read somewhere that a marriage will last if you have a partner who is funny and makes you laugh. Sounds good to me!  Ours has lasted 40 years so that proves out for us. It has been a good ride. Ray is a great husband.

Ray is suffering from a bad back today. He is in some pain. Poor guy. I hate to see him suffer. But he is a Trojan and carries on valiantly. I admire his perseverance. I hope tomorrow is a better day for him.

I did some more knitting tonight. All I do these days is cloths but my mind is thinking of knitting a little sweater for one of the greats. That would not be any problem. And it might be a lot of fun. All I need now is the yarn and a pattern. My mom knew how to knit a sweater without a pattern. She was a clever person. My dad was very clever and smart too. I had great parents.

That is it for tonight folks. Good evening.

                            '

No comments: