a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, November 22, 2010

BRRR

Whew , was it ever cold today. And windy too. Now I know what wind chill means. We usually live a sheltered life out here on the west coast.
Ray and I went to Costco for some meds he needed and it was so cold when we walked back to the car  that my face froze. At least it felt as if it froze. Tomorrow I WILL wear my heavy winter coat, scarf , gloves and hood and boots.
What was I thinking, wearing my regular jacket. I have learned my lesson. I bought that coat for winter in Quebec and thought I would not have to wear it again. Good thing I have it. It is even cold in the apartment . I must turn the overhead fan off I think.
I did not feel like sewing today and although the guilt in my soul was flourishing I had to refer to Ray's wisdom when he told me some time ago that it was a hobby not a job and if I wanted to not do it for a day or a week then I didn't have to.
However I assuaged my conscience by cutting. So I cut the strips for my current quilt the skins game LOL and sliced the strips into 5 inch bits. I kept two WOF strips to add to the bottom of each of the sections I have done. Then I performed that prodigious task of pinning the strips to those sections, but I did not sew. However I felt that I had done some work and I felt good about that.
We had Ray's lovely soup for dinner and I sat in my chair and ate mine. I am so lazy today, it must be the cold although you would think that it would make you want to move around .
Tonight I am going to watch TV and knit.
We took Sam out to lunch today as it is his birthday tomorrow. We had a very good time with him, it is hard to believe that he is 35. We have been so fortunate to have had such a long and joyous time together.  Not too usual to have the friendship and love of a grandchild for so long. And I forgot to bring my camera. I was annoyed with myself, so no photos tonight.
Keep warm folks ,have a nice evening cuddled under your quilt with a cup of hot chocolate.
Bon nuit.

No comments: