a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Company came and went.

Nice company- my third son Peter came, ate dinner, stayed to talk and w ent on to his Barbershop Quartet for a practice. It was good  to have such a nice visit with him. He has been in Europe and the middle east for weeks on business so we have not seen him for a while.  He is only home for six days so it is great to see him.
I sewed today. First cut a piece of fabric  to insert into the backing of my quilt as the piece  I had was just short a bit , so the insert. Those long seams are hard to keep straight and keep the two pieces of fabric together so one doesn't slip under the other. One seam I had trouble with and had  to unpick but the second one was good. On the second piece I really pinned fairly closely. If you put the pins in    with heads on the fabric  and the points on the  sewing machine or backwards  as I think of it then the sewing goes more easily. I cut the ends even, pressed the backing and folded it up. I am trying to use up fabric that I have in my stash instead of buying more.
Now all parts of the quilt  are ready to go  to the long armer  on Tuesday. Hurrah.
When that was finished I went upstairs to look for an embroidery design in my folders. That took me    forever, looked and looked but it was in hiding . Eventually it appeared and I loaded it onto my memory stick.
Then I had to make chili for dinner. I like chili , it is so good when you make your own. Peter said he always likes my chili, doesn't that  just warm the cockles of a mother's heart LOL.
My day is upside down , now I am going to talk about my morning , first things last as it goes :)
I went to the chiropractor this morning for a rescue mission. Ha, I go every 5 weeks as a maintenance programme. It helps keep my back aligned, which is good. When I was a girl I was bucked off a horse and I think that is where my troubles began. Did I tell you this before, it seems familiar. Oh how the memory fades.
We went for lunch after that at Sears and had a bacon tomato sandwich with a cup of mushroom soup. It was really nice.  I'll go there again. 
I sure hope to get started on my brown strips. It is a good thing I checked out Betty's brag book yesterday. I thought the strips were to be 1 inch finished and now I think they should be half inch finished. 
That's it I have shot my bolt for today. :)
Good evening.
Buenos Noches.

No comments: