a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, November 4, 2010

keeping on keeping on

Remember the story of Robert the Bruce? If your mother was a Scot then you no doubt do.King  Robert the Bruce was at the lowest point of his life , hiding in a cave, and wondering how he was going to keep on with his fight to  free Scotland from the English enemy. He was ready to give up the fight when he espied a spider that was trying to spin a web. The spider kept failing at his task but not failing in his efforts. The spider kept at it until he finally succeeded in building his web. Or would that be her web? Yes I think so. :) Bruce returned to his men with this dictum: If at first you don't succeed, try,try and try again until you do succeed. Bruce won the battle of Bannockburn in 1314 despite his men being outnumbered ten to one. This story is universally acknowledged as legend but who knows, With the Scots you can never tell LOL My mother was a Scot as you have no doubt gathered and I grew up with this story and the message. Never give up, keep on trying.
I think that is also why I love the chase and never give up hunting for something I want. The fun is in the seeking.
With this in mind today I set to sewing my binding pieces together but I was so sleepy that I had to lie down and rest. Tonight I will keep on keeping on and get the darned things done.
Why did I get so sleepy, up early, read my paper, went to Richmond and walked around that big mall, had lunch at Zellers there in a funky little cafe designed as if in the fifties, black and white tile ,chrome chairs, arborite table tops and waitresses. HELLO!!

We went to the clock shop where we bought out wonderful clock which calls out the hours by separating the parts of the dial face and playing 12  Beetles songs. Some of my family love it as do I and others not so much. Daniel in Quebec loves it to death and wants it even after death LOL. The store was still operated by the same man years after we bought the clock. He told us that our clock is much sought after as shortly after we bought ours the company had to stop making it because the clock company had not asked permission to use the tunes. Of coure that made us happy , but we are not selling LOL.
We had to go to Fabricana, note had to, as I needed rotary cutters and topstitch needles. Along the way I had to, note had to, look at the fabric . What to my wondering eyes should appear but PINK Plaid. I did tell you I was half Scot didn't I well nothing would have it but I must buy a meter of that beautiful stuff.

Then to the bakery for bread and to the hairdresser for an appointment. Now that I have written all thisiIt is obvious to me why I feel asleep.
Oh I finished brown sock#1  :)
Have a nice night folks.
God Nat.
Did you get that one? LOL


1 comment:

Miss M said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fabric! :D