a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, November 5, 2010

chips

Eating chips because I am hungry and won't be eating dnner until nearly 8:00 tonight. It is my pot luck group and we are taking Judith out for a retirement dinner at a delicious French restaurant in North Vancouver down Lonsdale. This is the first time for me at that restaurant. I'll tell you all about it either later tonight or on tomorrow's blog. I expect it to be very yummy- according to Jan it will be.
Got a call from Tom's today saying that our class which is usually on Thursday has been moved to Wednesday as Thursday is Remembrance Day . Wednesday is Guild night for Kathy and me, but Tom's said they could hold it from 10:00 to 1:00.  Kathy just came by with some thread I ordered from Tom's , she was attending a class there without me   :( . Michelle said, Where's Nan? We are definitely a pair there.LOL  Kathy has the 11000 and needs to go for different lessons than I do with my 6600. Kathy's lesson today was stippling on the embroidery module. There that's Kathy's day haha.
Remembrance Day is very special to me because my dad was a veteran of WW1. He was in the European theatre of was for the whole four , fighting in all the major battles. Amazingly he survived it. I think that was because he was in The Royal Horse Artillery and had to take care of the horses  even though the horses had to drag up the cannons so he must have been at the front. Still if he had not come through the war I would not be here LOL> Thank you daddy!! Of course my dad has not been wth us since 1976 but I think of him every day and I think of my mom and brother as well.
Now for my day...... I went to the hairdresser  for a cut and she gave me a different hairdo that looks like I went through a windstorm. I'll get Ray to take my photo after I dress for the occasion tonight. Some may think I look cute :))))
Ray waited for me so we went up and walked the mall  for at least 30 minutes. I made it around the whole mall which is a big one. Not every day I can do that but I am happy on those days that I can get around like that. We had some soup and coffee at Tim Horton's.
Then I downloaded  a free AVG programme for my upstairs PC. That is such a slow   process but it is done  for a year now.
Afterward I pressed the binding for my SBS quilt ,rolled it and bagged it all for Lauren to quilt. Done,done,done Hurrah!!
Now all that is left to do is to get ready for tonight.
Have a great one folks. I may get back to you later. With my picture LOL.

No comments: