a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

long day, late night

It has been a long day and night with very little down time. My regular Tuesday activities took me most of the day, then an embroidery class took care of the evening . It was lots of fun though. At sewing this morning all I did was prepare some applique pieces for another butterfly.
Wendy and I talked about the book which testified to the horror of leprosy,that I mentioned to you earlier. The book was a truth and a fiction account of exiles off the coast of Crete before a cure was found for leprosy. It was a really interesting book and I recommend it to those of you who love to read. It is called The Island by Victoria Hyslop. Wendy has the second book called The Return about Granada. Can't wait to read that one too.Then Sharon and I discussed the series by Shirley Tallman that I also mentioned here a while ago too. She had just read the first book after I recommended it to her. Wasn't this supposed to be a sewing group? haha....
Most of the members of that group were making Christmas table runners all the same design. Fun to see them and to see how they all looked very different.
Community Quilts was the next stop where we discussed the quilt show and how successful it was.  VERY!!
On to Betty's for her fancy egg sandwiches, those wonderful little round ones with the olive in the middle. Since I knew I was going out at 4:45  and would not have much time for dinner I ate several.
And wouldn't you know when I got home Ray had made some devilled egg for me to have for a sandwich. Good thing I love the stuff and enjoyed his sandwich a lot too. But I was full after all that making everyone happy , myself included :))
Kathy picked me up to go to Embroidery club where we made snowflakes using a different stabilizer ,Heat Away. It is a dry method of doing Free Standing Lace. Kathy and I did not like that stabilizer and will not use it again. The reason being it tore up and made it hard to do the embroidery, but the  design was good and I think I'll make more. Tomorrow after I  heat away the stabilizer I'll take a photo. Fun time for all. We are all getting to know each other better each time we meet so it is more fun each time.
No more talk about eating LOL.
And it is time to go.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: