a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Party time


It's over but it was fun!! from left to right ,standing, Diana, Jan,Nan,Judith,JanKaren. Seated Left to right
Patti,Ellen,Jan. Notice there are three Jans out of nine of us. Good odds :) This photo taken at Jan's house  where we went for dessert after we had dinner . Which Jan you say -the Jan on my left was our hostess.
I'm the short one in the back. This was a retirement party from a long and happy teaching career for Judith the lady standing behind me. We have been together for at least 30 years and holding our pot luck get togethers every two months.   We think the retirees now outnumber the working stiffs. I ws the forst one to retire but that stands to reason as I am by far the oldest.
This event was held in a lovely restaurant with a French name Cordon Bleu which was /is on a very dark and deserted street. Quite creepy really as the restaurnant was the only lighted building on the street. Almost a film noir literally ;) I felt quite odd standing on the street waiting for Diane to get the van and come for me.  That was the end of my movie career LOL.
The menu was  lovely. I had a salad with warm brie and rack of lamb. The salad was delicious but the rack of lamb was out of this world, so tender and juicy and more than delicious. Scrumptious!!
We had a wonderful time there and the service was excellent.

At the restaurant
Ellen,Nan and Jan the younger LOL.
Diane always takes me to the pot lucks and she took me last night in her van. It was already dark when we started out and really dark when we came home so Diane walked me to my door. I use a cane now to keep my balance so I do appreciate the help.
Good friends like flowers precious and rare, false ones like autumn leaves found everywhere. 
Diane always quotes this little poem, hope I got it right haha. As I have said before Memory Fades!!
!!!!
I slept badly after I got home even though I was very tired. So tired my computer stayed off, hard to
believe isn't it. That did not bode well for today. We went grocery shopping, came home for lunch and I could not keep my eyes open so fell into bed for the afternoon. NO sewing- fiddlesticks.
I am reading a very good book -The Island- about lepers from Crete who were shipped to the island of Spinalonga which was Greece's  main leper colony from 1903 to 1957 when there was a cure found for the symptoms of leprosy and the colony was closed down. The story is the tale of a family whose mother was exposed to leprosy in her job as a teacher and both she and the boy who infected her were exiled to the island never to leave again. It is a most interesting story ,an easy read and well written by Victoria Hyslop.
I am taking the night off :))))
You too take the night off and have a good one. Kalispera.



No comments: