a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Guild and dinner

Guild night tonight and there are three of us for dinner this time. One friend had an urgent call from her friend to come and see her as her doctor had given her 2 months to live. I don't know that lady but feel so badly about the tragedy of cancer. Recently it seems to be all around us.
I didn't get up until after 9:00 this morning , but that was good because I will be out late this evening. There will be photos when I get home tonight !! So I'll go now and finish this after I arrive back home.
Back home again and Kathy said get on with the blog so I can read it when I get home. But I am late so Kathy you will have to wait  a bit LOL.
We had a nice dinner served by our favourite waitress and of course we don't even know her name. Next time I am going to ask her what her name is.
At guild Ione and I work at the library checking out  the books from our extensive collection. It is a fun job because we get to talk to everyone. Well we joke around with everyone.
The speaker was an art quilter who did amazing thread painting, She had good examples to show and  spoke convincingly of her art. I did not get any photos of her work though.
I took photos of Show and Tell so there are some to show you tonight. I thought some of the guild members quits were quite amazing although more traditional in focus than the speaker's quilts. I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to my own work so I was properly impressed with what the members showed.
I did nothing this afternoon except watch old movies. I am becoming quite a fan. Bette Davis was featured this afternoon. She was failry good looking in her younger years but always the comsummate actress.
This quilt was done by one of the guild members, the next one was also made by the same quilter.
I love this one.
My picture taking is not that good , too dark , every time I take pictures in this church it happens. I guess the lighting is not good. It couldn't be my fault of course LOL
Could this whirlygig   drive you crazy. It is beautifully done and hand quilted.
That's it for tonight.
Have a good whatever is left of the evening.
Buona Sera.

No comments: