a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Quilt show

Mostly photos tonight from the community quilts show in the legion  featuring quilts for Honour House and other  quilts for sale as well as craft items and a tea house so  to speak.
When I asked Ray to go he said no but when Ione sent him an invitation through the mail no less, he said yes. I wonder what she had that I don't LOL.
Unfortunately there will be no photos of the quilt show tonight since the download problem I mentioned last night has affected the downloading of my photos. ARRGGHH!! That definitely means I am going to the shop tomorrow. Ray suggested that I not go today, what does he know LOL . He has no idea how computers work. HMM for that matter neither do I :)))
I may have to leave it there but I think I can write in from the PC upstairs. Speaking of upstairs I have been  up and down those stairs so many time today. Don't you think this is weird , I tried on numerous occasions to forward the embroidery designs for the class on Tuesday upstairs to the PC so that I could add them to  the memory stick. Cannot be opened on the laptop. BUT now that I think of it I'll bet the same reason exists ,that d..... download. I know it can be done as I have been doing it all along. That must be it!!
We'll see about that tomorrow.  Who would think that an anit virus programme could cause more trouble than it is worth.

Oh well enough of that.  We did have a good time at the quilt show and the quilts were just delightful. One lady bought one for $1000 and many were sold. I don't know how well the crafty sections went but will find out on Tuesday. 
We went to lunch with our niece after leaving the show. We were early so we went to Safeway, what's wrong with that? Something is. LOL.
We did get to the restaurant on time , we are alwasy early  but just had to wait a couple of minutes for our niece to arrive. It was a lovely visit and we must have stayed there for at least an hour and a half.
I hope we can do that again in the near future. 
Needless no sewing or embroidery went on today. I will definitely do something tomorrow and perhaps some cutting.  OH hopefully!   unless I spend the day tomorrow fiddling with the computer/laptop. Fate wouldn't be that unkind would it?
Ray called his sister in Thunder Bay tonight , she said it is snowing there, not really surprising , especially to those of you who have lived there. I wonder if it is snowing in Winnipeg. I'll call his other sister and ask her. She is the one with cancer.  Apparently the pain killers are causing really bad mood swings, it must be hard for her and those around her as she is the most even tempered person  I know.

Ah isn't this a cute picture. It was taken in 1935 aboard the MV Andania in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on the way to Great Britain. It is of my mom, my little brother and me. I'm the one in the skirt, the small one. Haha.
Have a good evening, I just didn't think you would want to go without a picture LOL so I dragged this one up from the past.
Hasta la vista....

No comments: