a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, November 12, 2010

free at last

I heard tonight that Aung San Suu  Kyi is to be released for house arrest in her home country of Burma. I hope I heard right as she has been under house arrest for 15 of the past 21 years because she supports the rights of the people of Burma or Myanmar to establish a Democracy in the country ruled by a of a Military dictatorship.. She won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991. She is a woman dedicated to her fellow Burmese and will not deviate from her beliefs even for her own freedom.
I did some embroidery today after we returned from the gorcery store. My friend Helen gave me a CD of Michelle's Designs that she bought at a quilt show. The designs are so delicate and lovely . I thought they may be too small as they are for the 4 by 4 hoop but I was very pleased with the outcome. I made a hand towel for her and if she likes it I'll make another one so she can have two for her towel rack.

I had to download and install my new ,well not new really, but install again/ renew my Kaspersky Internet Security. I am really a klutz about downloading and installing. It seems to me to take forever and I think it should not take this long. Then I am not really sure if it is done right. So I will take it to my boys at London Drugs to see if I did it correctly. Probably not :(
My embroidery club is next Tuesday and I copied the  instructions for the supply list but the design was not on my letter so I called Kerri and asked her to set up an invoice for me because I had not paid for the class. She said that was okay so now I just have to get all my ducks in a row LOL.
This afternoon I cooked a pork rib roast for dinner. We thought it was lamb when we bought it but the lambe turned to pork on the way home :) With a few spices and a bit of wine the pork rib was delicious. I want some more . So maybe I'll have some more.
My day was very full and I feel good about it.
 http://www.cluckclucksew.com/p/free-quilting-tutorials.html
You might like this site. It is quite cute.
Have a good evening folks.
Guten Abend!! :))

No comments: