a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 5, 2010

back again

As for the rest of the day after we did the regular housework and laundry as we do every week we went out for bread.  I was hungry so we stopped at A&W , not a very important event except I have not been there for a long time and was stunned that it cost us 17 dollars and some cents for lunch . I said to the lady at the counter " A&W sure has gotten pricey". I think it is time we stayed home for lunch LOL.
I wanted to buy some cauliflower to make cauliflower and cheese soup but Ray was not hungry so I put it off until tomorrow. That thwarted I started to sew on the quilt. I got the last two rows of squares joined together and the rows added to each other. And I did take a photo. I have difficulty sewing a straight line. Are there any tips about that. I had to do some of  the sewing over but that isn't unusual. So essentially it is done but for another two straight rows of brown and maybe a bit of a border but I am not sure about that.
There is a bit of a crease in the photo , that is where I had left in a couple of pins which I found later.
There my day's work. It looks okay I think. Still need to find some batting and backing. I want to use what I have here instead of buying more fabric. It is difficult to make a quilt without buying the backing and borders- seems there is never enough in the house or it isn't the right fabric.
So this is my second blog of the day and I am signing off. Good night Mrs. Calabash wherever you are.


2 comments:

Patti said...

LOVE your quilt ~ beautiful colors & love how you scattered just a few animals on it!

l always use my 1/4-inch foot-with needle adjusted to a 1/4in stitch (not A-feed foot) and with narrow strips sometimes, l have to starch/iron so they stay where l want to stitch them ..:)

Personally, l can't see where you need any tips ~ all your quilts are perfect! Happy stitchin'~Patti

nanboudreau said...

Patti, thank you once again for your great comments I so appreciate them. And thanks for the advice on my 1/4".
hugs
Nan