a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

computers are timewasters sometimes

At least today they were as I spent the afternoon trying to figure out why my laptop would not open up my memory stick with all my embroidery designs. I tend to panic if I think they are lost. So I will put them on a disc as well.   Or maybe buy another stick, they are expensive though. Finally I had a thought Hurrah!! yes that happens occasionally :) Perhaps it is that new Kaspersky internet security that I bought recently and downloaded to my laptop.  I went upstairs to the old computer my PC which had its own issues yesterday when the wireless mouse refused to work. Luckily I had another smaller one for my laptop and the connection worked in the PC, that was good!! Yes the sticks were fine so it is the Kaspersky. Apparently they had made it much more secure because they had trouble with it in 2008 and upgraded it for 2010. All well and good but it stops my own innocent stuff from working and that does not make me very happy. I'll go back to London Drugs tomorrow and ask the "boys" if they can do anything about that and while I am there buy another mouse for upstairs. I'd really like to buy a new computer as well but later when Jim comes down for Christmas. The discs for the Kaspersky arrived in the mail one of which was a Win Zip and I am wondering if that is what I need for the sticks, but enough of wondering tomorrow will bring the answers. If I cannot get things to work to my satisfaction then I'll download the free AVG which is doing fine on the PC.
As for the rest of the day, we just wandered around in the mall in the morning and drove around in the early afternoon. We wanted to see if the Westminster Quay market had reopened. For some reason we thought it might have. We used to go there every Saturday to buy our vegetables and fruit from the old Chinese man who owned the market. He was a sweetheart and was often very pleased that we would come in from Vancouver to shop at his market. He always gave us a present at Christmas and fruit at other times in the year. We missed him when he passed away and eventually stopped going there. The market  closed soon after and no not because we had stopped shopping there LOL. We went just to see if anything was happening there. Nothing. Too bad.
I promised the third photo of the 12 Days of Christmas so here it is.

The last of the three photos . The embroidery designs are from http://www.emblibrary.com/ for anyone interested.

A beautiful quilt made by my friend Pat who is an amazing appliquer and quilter.
No quilting today just messing with both the computers. Exhausting :)
Tonight I think I knit again on the socks for Ione.
Have a great night Folks.
Shubha raatri.



No comments: