a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas snooze

Not a good Christmas day, I felt so badly that my dinner was left on the plate and I went to bed at 5:30, stayed there until 8:15 AM. That was a good snooze LOL. It was better today.
 Jim and I went to London Drugs and bought a new PC computer for me. It cost $399 , it was a good deal. Jim has spent the rest of the day getting it all set up and taking the information off the old hard drive. I hope all goes well, he is trying to make it easier for me to use. That will take a master stroke LOL. We also bought a back up hard drive. I had bought one a couple of years ago and the second time it was used the darn thing quit on me. That kind of put me off.
I can't believe all the things that need to be moved , I'll bet you don't know what you have on your computer, Jim is asking me about something every couple of minutes. Decisions, decisions. Do I want to install my Quilt Pro , oops wait a minute, it won't install on the new computer, too old. Kind of feels like me  :))
That said we didn't really do anything else but shop and fix. I thought about sewing and Kathy asked if I planned to attend an embroidery class with her. I think it is a BOM class for 12 months and is definitely a Hoop Sisters design. Kathy and I did one earlier in the fall and she did get hers done. There was a photo of it on my blog , but mine is still sitting there. Maybe I should  take the class with Kathy but finish the piece I have. Not a bad idea, ya think? I'm going to Tom's on Thursday to take my embroidery machine in for  servicing and I'll check it out with Kerrie then.
Isn't it hard to get of the holiday mind set and back on to the regular state of mind. Maybe after Jim leaves for Los Angeles it will be easier but with him here I don't want to upset the whole apartment with all my threads and machines haha. I do feel at loose ends with no sewing going on though. It is time to write down all the things I want to make in the coming year. Maybe time to take stock of 2010 to see what was actually accomplished. I did have a good time this year though and that is an accomplishment, don't you think. Oh I did do some things today, updated my binders and found a pattern I was looking for.
Rick, Carla, Katie and young Rick are coming tomorrow to take us out for lunch . I am looking forward to seeing them all. I sure miss Mary but she is working through out the season and can't come over from Victoria.
I am almost finished Ione's socks La-di-da....
Have a great evening.

Have a good evening

No comments: