a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, December 17, 2010

water boy/man

We waited nearly all day for the water man to deliver our big bottles of water. Neither of us is happy about waiting for someone to arrive. I had to cancel my appointment with Tom and make another one for the 29th. But instead of whining about the fact that we could not go out as we usually do I got down to business.  Really though it was probably a good thing we stayed home as there was a ton of traffic around town and a lot of places that were blocked off for one reason or another.
Remember the little rug mug ,I quilted it this mmorning, not that it took a lot but it is done!
The afternoon was taken up with doing two bibs for my upcoming great grandchild. I know you won't believe this but I have never made a bib before LOL.  These two bibs were printed ones that I bought at Wineberries last month. They had to be cut out with scissors and after using the  rotary cutter for so many years I find scissors vey hard on my hands and especially that thumb joint. Then I had to pin the fronts and backs together very closly so that the two pieces did not slip when they were being sewn. After doing that more cutting of the back to match the front. Then I sewed them together very slowly , I got them sewn at 1/4" and took the curves carefully. Then the curves had to be clipped and the front and back turned inside out. I took a long time with them so the legs of the bib was turned nicely . I don't know if other people do this but I took a pin all the way round and pulled at the seam so it was even. Then I sewed the opening left by turning and hand sewed it down,pressed them  and added the velcro strips.
Not a very good picture but they are cute.
My next project was to make a a block for the guild. It  was not easy as the cutting was out of whack and it looked as if a mouse had chewed the corners. Maybe not but it sure looked that way. A lot of fiddling but again it was done. This block is the same as the ones I did previously  for the guild but was a smaller version. It is pretty. There is a second one that I just got started but decided to finish tomorrow. My back is so sore  I won't do any more sewing this evening.

I am going watch TV and knit for the rest of the evening. no way I can just do nothing LOL
I have been planning my dinner for the 23rd as Matthew ,Caroline, Ryan and Chelsea are coming for dinner. Meg and Louis are also coming but I am not sure if they are staying for dinner though. Jim will be here too, he comes on Tuesday.  I'll check with them.  Matthew has requested macaroni and cheese, I know Louis loves chilli and I thought to do some of my delicious ribs. Ray will make a salad. Sound good?
I am finished for the night folks. Have a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See how much more you got done by staying indoors ? Also with the price of gas you also saved on that today.. There were blessings you didn't know you would get by staying in one day. Don't know if you and Ray went through withdrawal from the fresh air. LOL. Take care, Jean