a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, December 20, 2010

backing is done

The backing for Ray's quilt is done, that is all that got done today -just finished it off.
Ray and I had to go to the clinic this morning for bloodtests. We fasted for 10 hours , but Ray was too early for his tests so they would not give them to him. He has to go back in early January. I was on time with mine and got that bit over with. This afternoon St. Paul's called to remind me of my appointment with the cardiologist in January and the get my bloodwork done. I told the lady I had it done today and she said "You are a star" LOL.
I could not finsih off the tests so she told me to go out and have some coffee and come back again with the required product .We went for breakfast  at TOP's, Ray had a Spanish omelet and it was delicious. Did I say Ray ordered a Spanish omelet, I did say that :)). He shared it with me, we always trade off our food. Bad manners I guess but we are old and permitted to do what we want.  That is what I say, my mother would have a fit.
When we were finished breakfast we had to go back to Sears to return the jeans Ray bought the other day. They had a button fly and he does not like that so back they went.
Then to Canadian Tire to look for fireplace logs- they had some , so we bought a box and I picked up a bigger plastic box for my silk applique threads, my threads were outgrowing the box I have. Of course there were none of the same kind of boxes but the one I got was okay.
The bakery was next and we bought fresh bread, took back the item to the clinic and that was all before noon. I was worn right out. However I really wanted to get the backing done so push came to shove . It isn't good to do things like that because it makes me want to stop quilting. It seemed to me to be way too much work. I am sure I'll change my mind but for now it is holiday time and I am taking a rest.

I really wanted to use this fabric even  though there wasn't much of it. It is so delightful.

So I added a small frame And then the fabric around it. And it all came from stash. Now if there is enough batting in stash that would be a great thing. There is enough for binding thankfully.
It's chilly tonight so we lit the fireplace, that should warm up the place. Mind you chilly here is positivey hot somewhere else so I do apologize the those of you who are suffering from a deep freeze.
We have been watching   some old movies lately. Today it was Christmas movies in black  and white.Christmas in Connecticut with Dennis Morgan and Barbara Stanwick,  was a charming love story and both the leads were delightful. We also watched Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire ,the female lead is someone I   didn't recognize. White Christmas was sung but the show was in B&W. I am sure there was a movie  in colour that was called White Christmas.
Have a great evening everyone.



No comments: