a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 12, 2010

embroidering

It was another full day but what day isn't for that matter. I hardly had any time on my computer. Oh my!!! 
We got all the work done, then went out for a bit . When I got home I went to work on an embroidered piece. It is cute , this is the second piece I have done by this designer and I don't think I'll do another. There were far too many jump stitches that took a long time to clip. The back took forever to clean up the jumps and the the same with the front. Those tiny jump stitches are so hard to get under and clip. However it is done. I wanted the design to make a mug rug, the latest enthusiasm on the internet. I thought that I would birth it , that means turn it instead of doing a binding. I am not too happy with that technique so the next one will be the regular way of putting the pieces together. I have a photo of it but I didnot do the quilting yet. Maybe it will look better once the quilting is done.  Let's hope :))
He looks a bit drunk doesn't he?  His name is SantaCat. The mug goes on the stripes. And a plate of cookies goes on the Santa .
Also I pinned the last of the strips on the skins quilt top. Ray says he doesn't want a border so that will be the last of the top. Then to sandwich . I am going to piece the backing first.  Usually we do our sandwiching at the church on Tuesdays but this Tuesday is the Christmas party so we won't be sewing. 
I was going to put a block design on the blog but it was so huge that it  messed up the blog and I had to delete it. I'll get that right some day with some more practice. I have another blog with nothing on it and I can use that for the practice. It helps to have a spare LOL.
My Mary called today and we had a good chat, she is happy with her new job at Shaw and says it is a great company to work for. She is talented with computers and has had two kudos as she calls it, already. Then Jim called and we discussed our trip to Houston for the quilt show next year. It is going to be fun. One of his friend's mother is a quilter and has a booth at the show. I am excited about it even though it is a long way off.
And that was my day, another good one.  So I am off for the evening , need to read my mail.
Have a good night folks. 

No comments: