a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

I tried to send you  all a cute joke but it did not work on blogspot so I'll just give you the punch line. Have a hot chocolate from me. LOL Happy New Year!!
Bob and Buzz came for lunch today , Buzz is a lady who does a lot in the house so even though she was invited for lunch she made all the sandwiches while I stirred the potato soup. I wish all guests were so accomodating :)
After we ate  we went upstairs to see why my new computer would not open attachments when I sent them upstairs, it did on my other programme but not this one. While Buzz is very knowledgeable about computers she could not figure this one out. They did take away my old computer though. She takes good parts from old computers and puts them together into another case and makes new ones from old which she then give to those who cannot afford to by one.  Nice eh! My hat's off to you Buzz.
After they left I called Jim in California to see if he knew what I should do , he did give me a tip but that didn't work either.  He said he would check the programme to see what could be done about it. Still I am not sure if it is the email programme or the computer. I had one idea though I sent the attachment to hotmail which I'll check later to see if the thing went. Actually I think that was Buzz's idea....
After they left I checked out the squares I had left over from Ray's animal hides quilt to see if there was enough to make a small baby quilt and there was , so I sewed strips to the sides and then sewed the squares into rows. Tomorrow I'll do a bit more as I  was tired by then and just left it.  At least I
 did a bit of sewing since There is nothing on my plate at the moment. Tomorrow there may be a fuller plate but who knows. My embroidery machine comes home tomorrow and I have a couple of things to do on it.
We are watching the hockey game, Canucks at Dallas, Canucks are winning 4 to 1. Keep up the good work guys :)))
Adam and me. Not really pertinent but I like the photo so it stays. :)))
I am going to make some more of the knitted dish cloths that Ray likes, there are very few left and other people I know like them too, they make a nice little gift for nothing. I do do dishes too folks LOL.
This is a cute little wall hanging, I made many years ago.
Time to stop for the evening. If you are celebrating tonight have a lovely time and stay safe. If you are staying home have a wonderful evening. Happy New Year to everyone.
Bonne Annee!

No comments: