a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, December 23, 2010

So nice to have grandchildren

Oh it was a lovely day with my dear sons and dear DIL as well as my two grandchildren. Chelsea is back from Toronto. She was saying it is a lot different being on your own in another city and having to take care of all your own expenses and to budget your money. In just four months she has matured so much, no longer a girl but a young woman. I enjoyed her company a lot. Ryan was even more  talkative than usual and it was so nice. Matthew was as talkative as usual and Caroline was her lovely self .
Jim was out in Abbotsford at Rick's for the day  and came home around 3:30 ,so we all were together . He said it took him and hour and 3/4 to drive back from Abbotsford.
I cooked Mac and cheese , Matt declared that I had not lost my touch LOL. I also served the ribs I made yesterday and Jim said they were marvellous. Do you think I had a good day YES!!
We sat around and talked after dinner and then Chelsea had an appointment with her friends.   Phood Photos. Ray's salad is always so pretty/


Cookies in the bakery.

Chelsea, Ryan and Jim.

Matthew who says he IS smiling LOL

Caroline my dear Daughter in law.

I did make another of those blocks for the guild but it was awful. The pieces did not meet at the top so one or the other of them was the wrong size. I will take it out tomorrow when I am more patient and do it all over again. I  have a problem with the squares that you draw the line from corner to corner diagonally,place on the a second square , sew on the line and then fold over and cut the excess triangles off. Probably not a very good explanation  but it is this that caused me a lot of trouble today. If I  can figure out a way to make this technique work better I'll do a bit more. Maybe make the original squares a tiny bit larger. I'll try that and let you know.
I really want to know how to get that right, but the first one I did was no problem, wonder why. I am not taking a photo of that block, it is too awful.... :))
No company tomorrow but on Christmas day Sam and his friend Scott will be joining Jim, Ray and me for turkey dinner. Man we eat too much around this time of year. I am still full from tonight's dinner.
All this cooking is making me very tired LOL.
I'll close it off for tonight. I wish you all a good evening.
Take it easy.

No comments: