a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, December 16, 2010

winter time

I have always felt that I should have been a bear, it's winter time and I am sleepy. Not just sleepy but lazy too. With that in mind , I have done nothing today, other than lunch out with our friends Bob and Buzz . It was a great time together and we talked for a couple of hours. Ray and I had hamburgers and fries. Neither one of us can eat very many fries so Bob took care of the second sleeve of fries.

Here they are, Bob and Buzz.
Ray and I went shopping after lunch, we went to the Bay , I was looking for a silver bracelet that I thought I had seen advertised but all they had were gold ones, not what I wanted this time , though I usually prefer gold. .
Then we walked down to Sears where Ray found a pair of jeans he wanted and they were on sale.  I found a red sweater that I really liked so I bought it and then I found an adorable little outfit for my new great grandchild, my granddaughter Meg's baby which is due in January. We don't know what sex the baby is so I went with red which I love anyway. Any great grandchild of mine will love red!! HAH!!

My pretty sweater.

For the baby, I was unable to resist this beautiful red outfit with the adorable little penguins. I added a photo of the penguin on the shirt so you can see it better.

Doesn't he make you laugh.
Bob had told us that Save On Foods had the turkeys on for free with 8,000 points. We didn't know that and had been waiting for them to go on sale . We went down the street to check up on the turkeys and Bob was right. We have 40,000 points so no problem there . Bob had only 4,000 points so he couldn't get one. I said I could get him one but he laughed. Now I wonder if they only give you the option of one. We didn't get it yet and the offer is up to the 24th. We don't have a freezer so can't get one too early. 
While we were there I bought a watch that I'd seen last Saturday. It was $19.99 then and $11.99 today. I love a bargain LOL

We got home at 3:00 ,which means we shopped for 2 hours , no wonder I ws tired :))
So that is all I did today.
Have a great evening by the fire LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, I was totally exhausted just reading about your day, lunch and shopping. Just the word SHOP, exhaust me. I am just not a shopper.I even ordered a Christmas gift for Sam on the internet. My car has not moved out of the garage in 4 days. I do have to go out today to go to the post office. When you feel sleepy/tired and lazy, why don't you listen to your body talk to you and just relax and sit and read or something indoors? 40,000 points ???? I do spend a lot at the grocery store. I love to eat, but the last time I looked at my grocery receipt I didn't have enough for a free turkey at thanksgiving for 500 pts. Is that 40,000 points for a year ? Have a nice shopping day! More Power to you. Love, Jean