a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, December 13, 2010

Tom's today

We had to go to Tom's today becaseu the light on my embroidery machine was notworking so we thought we needed a new light, not really a big thing. But when we brought it home the new light did not work either and both lights worked at Tom's. So I called Tom and said I thought it was time to service the machine. We take it into him on Friday. That's fine as I wanted to have it serviced. I usually get my machines done every 6 months so I don't have any problems with them. It has paid off for me. I am sure many of you have noticed that some of the features on your machine are not working as well as they should. Time to service :)) Notably the features that are often out of whack are the scissors or the needle threader. At least that is what I have found. But the light is a new one for me. Tom said it could be thread shred that is the problem. Ray looked and could find no thread shredded anywhere but then he is not an expert. He should be as he is so good with things like that.
We went to IHOP  for lunch as it is just close by to Tom's.
Big problems on the roads and bridges today, accidents abound and road work really gums up the works.
I was tired so I had a rest. Then I added the last strips to my skins quilt. Tomorrow I am going to take the backing piece I have to the Tuesday group to see if I have enough. Those ladies are so clever at figuring that out. If not I do have an extra   piece to use.
Just thought I would add a Sunbonnet Christmas greeting embroidered by me.
These are so cute, but since I did them last year I have learned to add two layers of stabilizer to get a product that does not wrinkle. 
Big sink hole on Marine and Fraser , the way  I go to my Tuesday groups, guess I won't use that route tomorrow LOL.
And the mayor is upset and frightened. He should be, too many shootings in this town. This time it was close to the mayor's house. Maybe now he'll pay attention.
I finished my book called Inheritance. It was quite a new concept to me. A young man goes to a funeral of an favourite teacher and fins himslef in a differernt funeral. He feels he canot up and leave so he stays. It is the funeral of a man and there is only one other person at the funeral, an older woman.  He is pressured to sign his name and address in the guest book. Later he is called to a lawyers office and informed that he has inherited 17 million British pounds as he attended the funeral of the unknown man and the man wrote his will to give all his money to thsoe who attended his funeral. He is stunned of course   and receives the money after about three months whereupon he starts speniding it like a drunken sailor. But it is not easy to get rid of essentially 35 million dollars. He travels about Europe for a while but finds himself  at loose ends with no real objective to his life. He is not happy. So he decides to investigate his benefactor to give him life so to speak. From there he is totally involved in this project.  Good book , original concept at least as far as I know. It is worth the effort. Another intersting thing is the title has no article and by the way the last book I read did not have an article either, is this a trend?
Have a great evening.
Wan An..

No comments: