a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 19, 2010

sewing day

After the housework, laundry , shopping I finally managed to get down to sewing.  The first thing I did was to embroider  another of those little angels by Sonia Showalter,she calls them Angels of Light. There are several of these on her site. I have just a few of them but think  I'll get a couple more after I make up the ones I have.
This one is just called the Angel of Light, the ribbons and the bottom of her skirt are certainly highlighted and full of light. This one was  still not dry when I took the photo but I wanted to show you what I did today.
Then I began the backing of Ray's quilt. It took me a long time cutting, pinning , pressing and sewing the parts. But I will be happy with it so that is the main thing. By 6:00 I decided to call it quits ,it was not quite done but  I had not stopped all day from the time I got up until  6:00 and  I was just too tired to go on, so I'll finish it tomorrow. I had to clean everything up and put it all away because Ray is not happy when I leave it all in the kitchen where he wants to get things done in there.I don't like it either.  Unfortunately I have to do my cutting on the kitchen counter because there is no other placve and it is the perfect height for me.. I don't get backaches when I do my cutting..
I am excited to get the b back done so I can put it all togetehr and start on the quilting. Ray said not to worry about it until after the new year because we have a lot to do this week and next. I think Iwill bag it and wait until then . Then I can take it to the church on Tuesday where the ladies will help me pin the
layers together. Oh yes and I need to buy the batting. LOL
Tonight we have to fast as we are going for blood tests tomorrow. I go to the cardiologist in early January and he wants the tests 2 done 2 weeks before the appointment.
That's the tale of my day.
Have a great evening ladies. And gents if there are any. I hate to leave anyone out :))
Buenos noches.


No comments: