a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, December 9, 2010

post #2

Two posts in one day, some people have too much to say. It was such a full day that I didn't get to the computer until late in the afternoon and then I did the tutorial on FSL. I hope it helps you anonymous :))
I got up late this morning , no wonder since I read until after 1:00 AM. and then got up several times during the night. I wonder why it is so much easier to sleep in the morning.
We went out to see if we could find some coffee that was on sale but the sale doesn't begin until Saturday. Who reads those flyers correctly, certainly not us.
Then we had a bit of curry in the food court. That lady is so nice to us for some reason. She likes us old white folk who like curry LOL.
I wanted to go to Michaels to do a comparison study on some wool.  After that we had a coffee and timbits at Tim Horton's. Ray wanted to get a couple of shirts he had seen advertised in Mark's Work  Wear World.
We came home ,I wanted to do a promised tutorial on Free Standing Lace, something I love to do. I began a new project of bookmarks and took photos of my procedures. It took me quite a while but I had 2 more bookmarks in the end. I am going to give them to my neighbour and her little guy.  I think they'll like them.
 Now that dinner is over I am siting here computerizing. I'll add a few photos from last noght's guild. First will be the hat ladies.
Lydia wearing her beautiful red hat with wondrful pins all around the crown

Mary Alice's hat was lit all round and the top jigged and jagged from side to side



Another delightful quilt pieced and appliqued on the borders/


I am always a sucker for these kinds of quilts and the perfect points.

I love this quilt, the pwner said the pattern was the Yellow Brick Road. I don't know what she called it but I would call it Tequila Sunrise and I have this pattern too. and the fabrics as well.,...
Time to go The Mentalist is on. Have a good evening.

No comments: