a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

socks

Finally.... Sigh.
I had to come upstairs to my new computer to download this photo . And as my system and computer are new it took a bit of figuring but Eureka here they are, Ione's socks. Something is up on my laptop.
I have spent the whole afternoon working on both computers and learning about my new one,setting up the photos on it and downloading from the camera. On the laptop I found that my photos had been tripled and quadrupled  so that was hours to do all the deletion but it is a lot neater now. Hopefully the download from the camera to the laptop will work now. However the battery in the camera needs to be replaced due to all the work it has been doing.  We have to charge the battery up and then maybe I can get things to work. I do feel that I have got a lot taken care of and feel very happy with myself LOL....................
We took my embroidery machine to Tom's today for servicing but Tom was not there. I had made an appointment with him but his sister was in town so he took the day off. That was fine, I just left it at the shop until Saturday when we have time to go and get it. I'm too busy for the next couple if days to do any sewing anyway.
I want to make some more of those little mug rugs , small projects seem to be the way to go right now.
Meaghan is back from the hospital but because of the high blood pressure they plan to induce the baby on the tenth of January. That is just 2 weeks early so the baby will be viable, it is 5 pounds now so in 2 weeks it should be close to 7 pounds.
I talked to Lynn today and Nancy is very close to delivery too  so we will have two new babies in January,one here in B.C. and one in Quebec. There is another due in June in Quebec so as you see lots of babies this year. It is very exciting!
Winter came today for a half hour . It snowed this morning and that didn't last long here but in Burnaby there was a bit more snow than we had.
In honour of winter I am adding a photo of January Sue that I put on a quilt for one of the great granddaughters.


Who knew she could skate :))
I'll try and remember to add these girls every month. I so love them.
Rick called to say he and Carla are coming back from visiting Mary and Albert in Victoria and hope to catch the 7:00 ferry. They'll come here around 10:00 to pick up the winter  jacket Jim left here when he went down south. Rick will take it to Calgary when he goes back to work. Jim will go to Rick's apartment  when he goes through Calgary on his way home.  Isn't life amazing- problem solved.
Now if I could solve my photo problem as easily life would be fantastic !
Time to sigh off    friends.
Have a lovely night. Bon Soir.

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Ohhhh so many sweet babies coming along. My youngest grandchild is Dakota, and he's already 7. He'll still cuddle once in a while just to make grandma happy.

Love Sue skating.

Billie

nanboudreau said...

Thanks Billie for replying to my blog.
hugs
nan

Anonymous said...

goodbye