a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, December 6, 2010

Counter has stopped working



The free counter on my blog has stopped counting. It was getting close to 10,000 hits the last time I saw it. I wonder if that could be the problem.
I did a couple of FSL bookmarks today, one was a cross and the other hearts. I found the cross to be very interesting and hugely symbolic. I found myself singing The Old Rugged Cross inside my head. Here was a cross obviously on a hill with two minor crosses on either side of it. There was what looked to me to be a string of thorns across the cross like the ammo belts soldiesrs wear from the top of one shoulder to the under the other shoulder. It is a lovely piece of design work. I took photos of the two bookmarks still in the hopp . I try and do 2  bookmarks  in one hoop in order to make the most efficient us of the stabilizer which is really expensive. I hate gathering up the scraps and making more stabilizer though.  I had my machine on high speed and it took 107 minutes to do the two of them.



In the morning we met our grandson Sam for brunch, he is a most generous man and gave both Ray and me money. It was for Ray's birthday and Christmas present and for me it was for Christmas. It was a nice sum.  We feel guilty about taking the money but he is insistent. We love him so much , not just for that but just because.  He is like the seventh son to us .
Sam and grandpa outside the restaurant. Did I ever tell you that Sam had my
 birthday and Ray's tattooed on his inner arm. He laughed today and said the tattoo came in handy sometimes.
I had to get into the act too so here it is. :) Short aren't we?

So I tried  out that cauliflower , cheese soup today. Not very good. I don't have any idea why I followed an old recipe and now too well at that. I make the best cheese sauce so why did I do it any way other than my own way. The cheese curdled maybe because the recipe called for chicken broth, who knows but we ate it anyway and it tasted okay but was not the way I wanted it to look. Next time it will be my way LOL That's always the best way, don't you agree?
Now sewing today, I am thinking of what to do next on Ray's quilt, I need to add a little bit to the edges so I can add the binding. That strip is only a half inch . Maybe a bit more of the brown and then the binding. Whatever that may be haha.
So I am off the blog....
Have a great evening........................................
Bon soir.
                                                                                                                



No comments: