a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

comment

Barb, I am happy you are enjoying the Sarah Tallman books. I am waiting for the fifth one to appear. Have  you read The Secret Daughter. It is worth reading. See I still haven't figured out how to respond to comments but usually do it as a comment on the blog  after the one you have left.
HOW TO DO FSL
in this case bookmarks.
It is too late for this so I'll do it tomorrow, promise.
Tonight was guild night , a Christmas party. Kathy picked me up and we went for dinner with Judy and Barb, our usual dinner comoanions on guild night.
It was a lot of fun . We made an ornament.. I think it is called a DoDecahedron . I hope that is right. You pushed tiny pins with squares of fabric into a styrofoam ball. Who on earth would want to do that?  We did :)))  Quilters are a strange breed. I had often wondered how they made these ornaments and now I know. We were told to bring a thimble but I don't recall anyone telling us why. Someone finally after we had all mucked up our fingers  told us that the thimble was to push the pins into the ball.
Why did I not think of that, I had three thimbles in my bag. Mine was not quite finished but finsihed enough that I can complete it at home , no problem. Ya,ya, famous last words. I took pictures of the ones at our table.
The green one sitting in the mug is mine. I put it in my mug becasue it was easier for me manage. See the red one?  It is finished, someone is pretty smart.


Grace finished hers pretty quickly too. It is lovely.

There was a good Show and Tell, lots of finished pieces. Good thing too as the challenge  was to complete a UFO for tonight. Some did severeal pieces, clever ladies.  I will put some of those up tomorrow too.
Ione brought me the set of knitting needles  that I aksed her to get me at the yarn shop on her side of town. There is no such animal on my side of town. Thank you Ione, it was good of you and even gooder(sic) of you to refuse to take my money. Dear friend!! I will start your socks right away, I know you have been waiting patiently.  Now that I have the right needles......
That is it for tonight , have a good night.

No comments: