a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Whew I need a rest

A strong start to the day, up early and off to the lab for tests, no breakfast since it is for a sugar test and cholesterol tests, a check for viatmin deficiencies and liver/ kidney function. A whole battery of tests today. We have a new doctor so that is the reason for all this , some of it is just the regular checking up to see if all is well. The lab was so crowded because everyone there was fasting . The wait was over an hour but that was pretty normal.. We went for breakfast when the testing was all done. Then to Safeway pharmacy because I thought I had a prescription waiting. I was at the end of my pills this week , but the pharmacy said it was in the system whatever that means. Anyway it came out of the system LOL and was dispensed.
We had to leave to go to another place. Well we really didn't have to but I wanted to go and check on TanJay for some light weight jeans. I bought one pair of jeans and a pair of navy Jeans . Also bought a lovely pink top to go with the pants. 
And here are my new clothes, you can barely see the lighter coloured jeans but I do love the dark blue ones and the pink top.

I went into the book store and bought 2 new books because I could not find the one that I had bought recently and I cannot go without one. That one I found when I got home LOL. Isn't that always the way. It is a Michael Connelly, The Fifth Witness.
And the other two, so it looks as if I have a bit of reading to do.

We stopped off at Market Place for some devilled egg to make sandwiches , there is no cooking in the kitchen which is still loaded up with things from the china cabinet. We were hoping the carpet people would call today so we could begin to clean up.
I had to go back to the lab because I found that I need to go back for the vitamin tests. Oh I made a mess of things today but they were all very good about it. And it was only 1:00 when we got there but another hour later when we were finished. So you can see we were tired after all that. Ray is having a nap, he is suffering from the sore leg and it is wearing him down some.
I did a bit of laundry while he was sleeping just to take some of the load off him and because I can now. It is good to be able to do something for him for a change.


As for sewing I need to think about what I want to do . I really want to do a Drunkard's Path block. This one above is the simple pattern for a Drunkard's Path.
This one is not quite as simple but you can still see the block which is just one quarter of the first picture I have up there.
And this one is even more complicated but it is the prettiest one or is it the fabric that is prettier ?
But it isn't whether it is a pretty block or not but the hard thing is trying that curve. I do have the curve master foot and that does help or it did help when I made my first curved block.
That is it for the night. Have a lovely evening folks.
Buona Sera.








No comments: