a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy day and sad thoughts

I had so much to be happy about today. I am the proud new owner of a Janome 350E Embroidery machine thanks to my dear friend Kathy. She made a great deal with our dealer so that I could have her machine as she had jsut bought the 11000 machine. I am so fortunate to have her as a friend. Not just for that though but because she is a wonderful friend in so many ways.
And I had great news from my cardiologist this morning, he was really pleased with my sugar and lipid numbers. I must be doing something right!! Also got a new prescription for my neuropathy . He said it would make a difference to the pain in my feet and legs. Now who wouldn't be happy ?
My sewing machine is still being serviced. I need to get some ideas on what I want to embroider on my new machine. I'll think on it overnight :>)
Remember the quilt I ruined with that shot of steam, Kathy suggested that I applique a pumpkin on that spot and make it an original. Good idea Kathy, I am going to do that. But first I have to sew down the binding.
I wonder what happened to the families of the 11 men that were killed when that oil rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, you never hear about them. I hope they are being taken care of by BP. My heart goes out to them in their grief.
It is so bad in the Gulf , the birds and animals are all suffering and dying. There is so little that can be done to help the poor creatures.
Bless all of you.
Bona Sera.

No comments: