a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, June 6, 2010

quilting today

I have to take a rest right now as I am having a hard time catching my breath. We did a lot of work this morning and then shopped at Market Place IGA for some individually wrapped weiners. Recently we are finding the packages of weiners have layers of white fat seeping out of the edges, not nice. UGH!!
Then the good part of the day, I quilted my little Hallowe'en table topper with the Snowball blocks. Mode 2 Stitch 31 on my Janome 6600 is a great stitch for that quilt as it looks like EEK!!! It is my favourtie stitch for quilting.
That took quite a while. After I made some binding out of different fabrics .One of my favourite bindings is multi fabrics all of lemons. It is on the fruit and vegetable quilt and I think I named it Market Place. I love looking at the binding even though the quilt is not a favourite of mine. After sewing the binding pieces together and trimming them I lay it all aside.
We bought some lovely looking lasagna at Costco the other day and tonight's the night, oh my how times change LOL. I pre heated the oven , then forgot all about the lasagna until Ray reminded me Haha. Now the lasagna is in the oven and I sewed today.
I want to make a little tutorial for a friend on how to make mitred corners on your binding. Tomorrow....
I had a great day, how about you!!! Tralala...
Hey my second son just called and wants to drop in , he and his wife will be just in time for dinner LOL. I am looking forward to their visit.

No comments: