a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, June 12, 2010

remembering

Memory is a fickle thing. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. My memory is good for trivia or facts but names are an anathema, thank goodness folks are generous in their understanding. The other thing I have trouble with is words and my excuse there is that in the course of my long life I have accumulated so much in my brain that I figure it is like a rolodex that is so full it takes time to riffle through it to find the right word or piece of information. But I need, need to have a daily calendar to tell me where I need to be each day LOL. Who would have thought one would be dependent on a daily date book to keep us on track? But I never forget from a long list of birthdays whose birthday it is on any given day. What's that all about? Tomorrow is my friend Jan's birthday, I know she does not do computers but Happy Birthday anyway Jan.
I did give her a card too.
And yes it is true my granddaughter Mary got married to her fiance AJ and my granddaughter Meg is pregnant. It is all very exciting. Congratulations to both lovely ladies and their husbands.
My Janome 6600 is being serviced so no sewing going on here and wouldn't you know it I feel like sewing ,very contradictory. I could cut but need to be in top form to do that, too easy to make mistakes. I have some 10 inch squares that need to be cut into 5 inch squares but one slip and it's game over sonce there are just enough squares for the job. Morning or generally afternoon is my cutting time but not evening.
So I must knit that sock I started , it has been a while on just one sock and another to go. That will be my evening...
Have a good night everyone.

No comments: