a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

soaps, scrubs,creams and misc.

Soaps, hard milled or soft milled, what is the difference? I looked on the internet half the day but did not find the answer to this question but I do know that hard milled soaps are usually fancy soaps that are made by perfumers and they last a lot longer than regular softer soaps that you buy in the grocery store . I use a scrub on my face to exfoliate my skin but only occasionally not daily. And I always use a face cream each morning so my face feels good for the day but at night I clean my skin off because I like it to be clean before going to bed. more than you ever wanted to know?
Ha I'll bet !!
Kathy came over and formatted my new embroidery machine ( the one she so generousy gave me, in case you have forgotten ) . Before she left we added some designs to both the Flash Card and the Memory Stick to see how they both worked.AND THEY DID :>) Then after she had left I got things ready to embroider a tea towel. The machine was fabulous. I did hear a funny noise early on but then realized it was the automatic thread cutter LOL. Something new and wonderful.
Kathy showed me pictures of what she embroidered when she got home. While I did one tea towel she did five of them. WOW!! I have alwasy been a slow sewer for some strange reason. But then that's okay, no need to criticize myself or make unreasonable comparisons. We are what we are !!
Tomorrow after I return from a luncheon with my Healthy Heart Group of ladies I plan to do another tea towel. I am making them for Ray. So far in his kitchen, that's right , his kitchen..... He gets the ones I make mistakes on so I wanted him to have ones that are Perfect , ya really LOL.
Off to add a photo or even two.
Have a great evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nan I do remember the darling little Cabbage Patch dolls. How neat you got an African American doll - I hear they are rare!

Love your embroidery too. Yes Ray deserves a perfect towel. :)

Love Gail in Arizona