a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, June 19, 2010

monkies

I read in the newspaper today that monkies and people love to watch TV. Now what does that say about people or monkies for that matter. Do monkies actually know what is going on I wonder. Are people on the same plain as monkies, are we equally intelligent. It gives cause to wonder doesn't it. I had to laugh at the comparison. However we do associate ourselves and monkies in the science lab where we use monkies to experiment on in order to learn what would work on people. Maybe we are not far from them on the evolutionary scale.:>)
Nah just kidding!! I know we are miles ahead of monkies but still if we both love watching TV some things are equivalent. But then I had a canary that loved to wach football and a parrot that sang O Canada when she heard it or when she didn't hear it. Sometimes I think we underestimate our animal friends. I love them no matter what.
Still on the subject of monkies, in Vancouver there are quite a few Monkey trees or Monkey puzzle trees. When I was young they told us it was the only tree taht monkies couldn't climb or the only tree that only monkies could climb, I am not sure which. It is a good story but no where on the internnet did I find this story. However I did find lots of information on the care of these trees but I am not really interested as I don't have one . But two stories kind on interested me, one that Buddha sat under the monkey tree for years to contemplate and find enlightenment and Isaac Newton had his epiphany while sitting under one. Now take what you will from these two stories, I heard that Newton was sitting under an apple tree and the apple fell on his head making him contemplate the theory of gravity. Who knows, but apparently a monkey tree is a good placde to contemplate. LOL

No comments: