a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, June 27, 2010

quilting tip

Where to put those pesky used needles either machine or hand needles. Mine are put in a used prescription drug container, saved for a while and then they can go into the trash and not stick anyone's fingers. Safe quilting :>)
I also use these containers for applique tooth picks that we use to needleturn our applique pieces . Other uses are for fine pins , select buttons for a specific project, and QTips that I use in my sewing area for spreading machine oil in parts I want the oil to go such as up the needle shaft on ocassion and picking up any extra oil in the bobbin area .
After yesterday's excitement we had a fairly quiet day today. Ray is still suffering from an infection in his tooth. we did go to Lenscrafter though as I sat on my reading glasses and broke the arm off them , my computer glasses were way too loose so they needed tightening and my new ones that I just got needed an adjustment. We had a coffee and cinnamon bun for a treat.
I started adding the binding to my Halloween quilt , will it never end
:>(..... Of course not ! As I am winding my way close to the end i discovered ,the ultimate sewing annoyance, no bobbin thread. And here I thhought to end it before I made dinner. Not about to happen. Ray said is there any rush on that one. Not really.. so I'll finish it tomorrow. My eyes were so sore so I am giving it a rest. It appears that I will have to take things easy with these eyes. Even the computer is becoming hard to see at times. Eye Strain? What do you think?
I am putting up one more photo of Chelsea and Dal Richards.
Have a good evening folks.
Takeit easy.

No comments: