a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's 8:00 and it's late

I am a bit late writing this blog tonight as I had to watch The Mentalist. :>)
It was a grand day today , the weather was gorgeous, all the flowers were at their very best,the gardens so showy due to the rain and not too much heat. A day to be happy.
My friends Heather and Karen and I had a buffet lunch at the Vancouver Hotel . The buffet was delicious and the desserts were to die for mmmm. We then went to the Art Gallery to see the show of the drawings of French artists in La Belle Epoque, Renoir, Degas, Toulouse-Lautrec, Monet and others. These drawings and sketches are preliminary designs for the paintings and in them selves are not perfect but you can see the thoughts of the artists in preparation for the final piece of art. I do like these artists and have often enjoyed photos of their work. No photographs were allowed but any of these artists can be found on the internet of course.
And the news on the sewing front is good, tomorrow I can go for my sewing machine, oh happy day, I do have a few pieces to complete. I need to do some embroidery as well, another tea towel for Ray so he has more than one. He likes them.
I thought there was more to say but if there is I have forgotten what it was LOL.
So good evening folks - bon nuit mes amis.

No comments: