a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sewing and Knitting with friends

So much fun getting together with friends chatting, sewing, doing lunch and yes knitting LOL I did the Kitchener Stitch on the toe of BettyLlu's sock so one sock is done after a long time. We were not able to get together for the last month and that slowed us down. She can start the next sock and get down to the Partridge Stitch, just learned that name LOL. it stands for the stitch at the back of the heel, then turn the heel which puts her on the way to the toe.
I did more than knit though :>) I also appliqued my butterflies. Today's butterfly is so pretty ,now I just have to add the body and embroider the antennae.
Then it was off to Community Quilts where I sewed down the binding on a quilt for the children's hospital, chatted and joked around with my friends and got a promise from Lynn to quilt my heart quilt. Ha! She took it home with her so I'll probably get it back next week as she is going to a retreat and said she would work on it there. What a friend, I will be making her another pair if socks and she already has the wool in mind that she wants.
I took Betty home ans she made tea, she had little egg rolled sandwiches with a pickle in the middle. I do so love those and she had some great new little cakes too. I am just too spoiled these days.
Went to the doctor on the way hometo get some refills for prescriptions. Was I tired when I got home so took a nap....ZZZZ.
We had hot dogs for dinner and Ray had to go to the dentist to gethis root canal, another $750 but he needed it to get rid of the infection and pain. And he is not over with the dentist yet.
Now we are waiting for my sone to come in from Louisiana,his brother #5 son Matthew picked him up so who knows when they will get here.
Long and lovely day,what could be better.
Have a great evening folks.
Buona Sera.

No comments: