a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, July 18, 2010

breakfast /brunch out

Adam,Lisa ,Ray and I went for a later breakfast or an early lunch after they had done their speed walk around Stanley Park. They thought that it was just so beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed the walk. They are both champion walkers so it was actually a short walk for them. They really appreciated the beautiful setting. We are so fortunate to live surrounded by so much loveliness.
After they returned and showered we went out for breakfast/brunch. I love to go out for breakfast as we so rarely do it. So in keeping with the hour I had a waffle and some bacon along with coffee. We came back to our place and they packed up their luggage and left, Adam to go back to caring for his sick father and Lisa to Louisiana to take care of her sick mother. They are a wonderful couple both taking responsibility in very difficult circumstances.
I was thrilled that they could visit with us this weekend.
We came home and I played with my computer buying 10 designs from Emblibrary for $10. Adam asked me to make him some more hand towels for the bathroom and I have decided to make them some more tea towels as well.
Ray and I went to the produce store, it was so gorgeous outside that we dawdled in the sun for a bit.
The fruits and vegetables were lovely . I bought some new potatoes , fresh asparagus, Peaches and Cream corn on the cob and big mushrooms. Ray bought cherries,tomatoes,small cucumbersand radishes. I wanted to eat the potatoes, Ray is not supposed to eat them because of his kidneys. I sauteed the mushrooms along with onions, celery and garlic in butter and then added the potatoes sliced into the mix, added my favourite seasoning salt and oh my it was so good, I also fixed the asparagus and that was my dinner. After all Ray looked at what I had made and he ate some too LOL.
The only sewing thing I did today apart from buying designs was to set up two hoops so that tomorrow I just have to spray the stabilizer and attach the towel, then off I go.
But first I have to go for a chest X Ray, haven't had one for a long time so it is time.
That's it for tonight.
Kalinishta :>))

No comments: