a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, July 2, 2010

Sew,sew cozy

I finally got my tea cozy top made today. It is the second part of the tea cozy or the top. Earlier I showed the inside part that has the Insul Brite that keeps the tea warm. I made that in a class and started the outer pretty part but as you know all my projects have taken a back seat because my machine has been away. Happily I was able to start the back/front, does it matter which is which, side of the of the tea cozy. It is a strip pieced design where I sewed a strip on a piece of muslin in the middle of the cozy, then canted the bottom of the next strips by 3/4" to make the design conform to the shape of the tea cozy.
Then I did different fancy stitches from my machine along each seam line. I think it is very pretty.
Now what to do with it since I rarely drink tea and if I do it is a bag in a cup. Oops tea lovers would no doubt want to (well can't think if what they would like to do to me), but know it would not be nice LOL.
After I look at it for a while I will probably give it away to some fortunate tea drinker.
That took me a good part of the afternoon. But I feel like I am on a roll here with getting my projects that are UFOs completed. I want to make some more of those great napkins that I made the tutorial for and that is a good thing because I can't recall what I did LOL . Getting old causes some memory lapses though I have heard that younger folk also have lapses in memory so maybe it is just a human thing.What do you think? :>))
Oh and yes I need to complete the barbecue apron from the last class, hope I can find the instructions. Maybe Sunday when I clean up my stuff. I do that every week and usually locate missing bits and pieces.
We went to Wal Mart earlier in the day and gave the government an extra 7% tax on our purchases and Chicken McNuggets.
Then I mailed an envelope to a friend in MN. for a friendship quilt. In the envelope I had a block for the quilt and $10 for the friend to help with batting and backing. I wanted to send it PDQ. It cost me $14 to send that envelope which just had a block of fabric that couldn't have cost more than 50 cents. My head was spinning!!! The government really got me today....
Have a good evening ladies. I need to go upstairs to my PC and take soem things off it. So off I go!!

No comments: