a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

out and about

Ray's title today and that is what we did. First we took my car to the garage to get the battery cable fixed. Then we met our friends Bob and Buzz for lunch at the mall. They had been an 18 day Panama cruise a while ago and we had not heard the adventures on board and on land. From what I have heard and experienced myself most cruises are essentially the same. Loads of food at all hours of the day or night , weight gain, ground tours, shows and movies, cabarets and so on. Still even though the itenerary remains the same people always have a great time. Ray and I have been on one cruise in 1996 to the Carribean. I would like to take the one to Alaska which would be easy as it begins on our doorstep.
Buzz tried to help me figure out how to get this laptop cpmputer to open up my embroidery designs. Then she sent me a site to see if it could help with the extensions. But so far I haven't had any success . Can't try tomorrow as I will be on a shop hop with 4 friends. We are going out as far as Abbotsford so it will be a full day. But thanks Buzz!!
Well my new camera is hooped, the pics are still blue at least the ones outside in the sunshine are. I took it in to the shop and they changed the IPO to a lower setting. That did not work so it has to go back to the factory. Can you believe that. Well I won't be going without a camera for a month or more . I'll buy another one, a little cheap $100 one . It will be handy to have two.
We picked up the car, the bill was $69 can you believe that, I was happy.
Then off to the Safeway for ice cream, naughty aren't we.
I bought a cute little stuffed turtle, maybe for one of the new babies our granddaughters are having-one in Quebec and one here in B.C. Abbotsford to be precise.
I did NO sewing today, spent the time on my computer checking mail , writing letters, trying to get my computer to open embroidery designs and looking for frog designs for Lynn. I am going to do some tea towels for her with frogs as she collects them. Well actually Ray collects them for her LOL -daddy's little girl still.
I'll post the turtle , as you know I love them. Stuffed or live.:>))
Goin' now.
Take care.

No comments: