a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Free motion quilting.

Yes I took the quilting bull byt he horns and did some Fre Motion Quilting. It alwasy scares me so I put it off. But life does not last forever so it is time to learn this technique. I have taken courses and the teachers just shake their heads as I am so bad at it. But as I mentioned the other day , I think about doing things which may be the way to learn- -kind of like memorizing for a test. So I did the test and not too shabby, not really great but a C I think not an E which has been my former grade LOL. I am heartened.
Last blog I told you how Kathy helped me with the finger tip potholder. I downloaded the instructions because there was no way I'd remember it only to discover I need to make another one the same as yesterday's. So another hurdle to jump. However today was out as you need about three hours to do just one.
We took my machine back to Tom as things were not right , so he worked on it again and fixed it. In the meantime Ray and I went to IHOP for something to eat.pancakes, eggs and bacon. Good stuff !! but we did not each have that, Ray had the pancakes and I had one egg and 4 strips of bacon which I shared. Ray gave me a portion of his pancake. It was good and we didn't over eat.
We went back and got my machine and I bought a new cutting mat.
I went to the library and took out 5 books one of them was about India and was very thick. If I like it and can finish it I will do a book review. I'll be 3 weeks easy reading these five.
Wonderful day despite the heat. I don't care for heat.
Have a great evening folks.
Take care !!

No comments: