a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, July 23, 2010

sew sorry but no sewing today

I guess there is no need to sew every day despite the fact that I think of sewing every day. Too many thoughts and not enough energy or time.
I went for a hair cut, Ray and I went out and I came home really tired so I basically rested. Oh I did sew, sewed down binding while I watched TV. Then I went to bed for a while and read my book.
This is really a weird book and I thought that I would not finish it but it kept luring me on and on despite the fact that I got "The Help" from the library on a Fast Read, "read in a week" plan.
If it takes me over a week I'll just pay the fine. The library needs the money.
The book , a $4.99 special, is called Secret Story and is written by Ramsay Campbell and author unknown to me. The protagonist is a very strange young killer who then writes a story about his murder of a young woman at a train station where he pushes her off the platform and onto the track. Then his story is picked up by a magazine when his mom whom he calls by her first name and with whom he lives sends it in to the magazine contest for new writers. It is so liked by the powers that be that they decide to make the story into a film. Of course they want the killer to commit more murders for the movie but the writer is not really creative and can only kill again in order to satisfy both his own need and the editors need for more killings.
I find it really enthralling despite the fact that it is just a pot boiler, as it is a very different concept. Original, which may be the reason for reading further into the story.
I'm going to try and out one of my quilts on the blog.
Good evening folks.

No comments: