a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day

To all of us, we are a fortunate populace and blessed with a great country and way of life. I am a happy Canadian!!
We did not celebrate in the traditional sense as Ray is still not quite right. Don't tell him I said that LOL. However we did go out for a bit. We went to Metrotown for a walk about. While there we sat beside a young woman with a small boy, he looked about 7 years old. She said they were from Fort St. John and down in Vancouver to have chemo therapy. He had been diagnosed with lymphoma just last week and they were in the mall where he was enjoying the different kinds of food. She was a lovely woman and he looked to be a very brave little boy. It was so nice to meet them.
Sew I did Sew a bit today on my tea cozy. It is made of strips on a piece of Muslin . So I sewed down the seam joins with fancy stitches. It was fun but by the time I was down with that I was quite tired . Sew I did not do the next step which is to zig zag around all the edges and next sew the two pieces together and put on a single binding. I have never done one of those, always do a double binding. Single ones seem to me to be more difficult.
I made a salad for dinner , Ray said I did a god job of it. He is the Salad King around here so I took the compliment gratefully :>))
I hope you all had a wonderful day....
Good night and God bless as per Red Skelton Haha!! And as per me too!! LOL

No comments: