a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

uptown girl

We went downtown today . Lisa wanted to go to SFU to get into their files for some work she is doing. She is a university professor with a PHD so she needs to do that sort of work once in a while so she can publish or die :>) as they say.
While she was there we drove a few blocks down and went into the Marriot for a bit of lunch. We took a while to find parking as it is so expensieve in town. At first we thought the meters at $6.00 per hour were highway robbery so we tried some underground parking. The first one was even more expensive at $7.00 per hour and the last one we tried was at the Marriot was also $7.00 per hour, so we went back to the street LOL.
When Lisa was finished her business she walked up from the SFU downtown campus to The Marriot and joined us at the hotel.
Adam and Lisa wanted to go to Granville Island so we dropped them off and went on our way.
Bought some potatoes at our little mall for dinner. I made those great fried potatoes again, fried some hot sausage, boiled yellow beans and corn on the cob. And we had a bottle of red wine to drink. I actually had a small bit of wine, usually I don't imbibe but felt like it this time. And the wine was good!!!! I was surprised because I never drink red wine. I might become a drinker yet, right, after a life time of being mostly a teetotaller I don't think so :>)
Since we are entertaining there was no sewing going on, no one sews but me so it would be rude to hide away. However it appears that working on a laptop is okay so here I am, but not for long.
I will knit though as I can do that without looking and so talk with my company. I would like to throw the TV out the window since it is alwasy on from morning to night. If I am by myself I never turn it on. That is not very often though.
Tomorrow we take Adam and Lisa out to the ferry that goes over to Victoria .
Still no pictures I have to get going on that.
Have a great night , sleep well.

3 comments:

dequilter said...

well, will leave comment. Still am not receiving emails from you and don't know whether you are getting mine. Sounds like a fun day. I hope you weather is not as hot as ours. Jean

nanboudreau said...

I'll try this one Jean, to see if I can get it to go ont he blog. Already tried that though. Hope I am lucky this time.

nanboudreau said...

Wow it worked LOL