a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

hurray a special event

The number of hits on my blog is over 5000- a milestone for me and my blog LOL, that makes me very happy. Thank you friends of grandmas-bits and pieces.
Tonight a book review of some of the best short stories written by Peter Robinson, a favourite writer of mine.
Peter Robinson writes about the character Inspector Alan Banks in The Price Of Love. In this book he writes a number of short stories witn a longer novella as the last story. A novella is somewhere between a short story and a novel. I am not a big fan of short stories so it is unusual for me to make a case for them but somehow Robinson makes the lie of my feelings regarding short stories and novellas.
Not all the stories are about Inspector Banks but all are excellent with intricate plots unusual in a short story , a surprising twist at the ending. Robinson is a student of human physochology that enables him to compose these masterful stories. I have to say I enjoyed every one . You will find a story of a boy who finds a police badge in the sand of Blackpool, one of a pianist hearing a haunting refrain,two dog owners who meet on a Toronto beach and the novella of Inspector Banks which is almost as good as a commplete novel. That is how good a writer of mysteries Robinson is.
If you want some superb summer reading get this book from your neighbourhood library.
AS for the rest of my day I took a couple of photos that I'll share with you, I spent the day with some fabulous quilters and good friends.
On the news I just saw a tortoise going for a walk with her owner. I love turtles so that makes a wonderful ending to this blog! Wish I had this photo.
Take time to enjoy the balmy summer evening ladies.
Bon Nuit!

No comments: